- Rice Flour - 2 cups
- Gram flour - ½ cup
- Fried gram flour - ½ cup
- Sago pearls - ½ cup
- Curd - ¼ cup
- Oil as required
- Chili powder - ½ tsp or as per taste
- Salt to taste
- Soak Sago in butter milk for 3 hours. Ensure that you soak it enough.
- Mix all the flours together.
- Heat 50 ml oil, mix to the flour along with salt and chili powder.
- Then add the soaked sago slowly and knead to dough, the consistency should be easy to be pressed through the murukku press.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Place a small portion of the dough in the muruku achu.
- When the oil is hot, press down directly in the oil as murukus.
- Cook on medium flame to ensure the muruku is fried well.
- A very tasty murukku is ready to enjoy.
Ready to serve